24 Lessons From: Faster As A Master Part Two
In my upcoming book “Faster As A Master” each chapter has a summarization of what I learned in the form of “Lessons:”
Here are the second twelve. Last week was the first twelve.
Each chapter has one or more stories, philosophies, and principles to illustrate my points. The statement of “Lessons:” is a summarization of what I have learned and apply to my journey of breaking down barriers and journeying toward wholeness.
Continued from last week…..
13. By enjoying the journey as well as the finish, I use goals as my vehicle forward to external and internal work toward wholeness.
14. Recognize and deal with the ego and emotions to your advantage.
15. Discipline to do bring my “A” game to everything I do, sets up the best outcomes.
16. Proper nutrition sets up the body and mind to do great work. Discipline with nutrition will pay great dividends internal and external.
17. Be coachable, find and foster a coach – athlete relationship.
18. Build the motor and learn how to apply it to your endeavor. Utilize the principles of, practice, warm-up, cool-down, volume, intensity, strength, cardio, periodization, stretching, mental training, and rest.
19. Prevention first, then apply RICE, learn from the event and move forward with changed expectations.
20. By continually reevaluating our plans and adapting we can uncover new ways to enjoy the journey and achieve our goals.
21. Competition can reveal our true selves providing growth and healing.
22. Balance is a great barometer for all parts of my life internal and external.
23. Honest mindful attention to my thinking will guide me through all of my internal and external activities toward wholeness.
24. Take the risk, keep moving with courage, practice gratitude for the journey toward wholeness.